The Youth Motivation Project is aimed at young people aged between the ages of 11-18.
The aim's of the project are:
* To provide and make accesible, information and advice about careers, training, education and lifestyle choices.
* To encourage learning and to support young people to gain new skills and build confidence and self esteem.
* To recognise and support young people who have wide ranging educational and development needs.
* To empower young people by widening their range of options and skills to encourage them to determine their own future.
* To motivate and encourage community involvement.
Our Youth Motivation Project aims to develop young people's life skills whilst still having FUN!!
Our friendly team are on hand to support them in the activities.
Our opening times are: Wednesday 7pm - 9:30pm and Thursday 7pm - 9:30pm @ Ladybarn Community Centre.
If you require any further information then please contact Tracey or Gary aka Bubble on: 0161-225-2093.
The Young people supported a leaflet drop. We posted leaflets to local people regarding the service's we offer at Ladybarn.
To celebrate the success of our bike project a photographer from Greater Manchester Police photographed Inspector Dave Nutsey, Adam Cauchie and Gary Levesconte. The pictures will be put in the South Manchester Reporter and on the GMP website.
Russell from Unity Arts came in to help the young people decorate the pool table lid. He used the young people's idea's and thoughts about Ladybarn as his insperation for the design.
Coming to YMP I have experienced new things. Ladybarn Community Centre is very supportive.
The Community Centre is an enjoyable place and there's always somthing to do .
I would recommend coming to Ymp because it keeps you out of trouble outside on the streets. You can learn new things aswell.
The Centre is a nice place to be and it keeps you out of trouble and it's fun.